Saturday, January 08, 2005

So for all my fans and avid readers (I know it's just one of you),

Today has been ultimately heart wrenching and a test. I know what I did was right, I couldn't justify it with facts, but I know it was what I had to do. This personal growth time has kind of a crappy start-ok down right rotten. I know things will work out and everything will be okay, but right now I still feel like a steamroller. Nice visual I know.

On a completely different wave length, I went to a place in Ann Arbor called Goodnight Gracie's and it was a ton of fun. Well, as much fun as I could have trying to hold myself together, but I needed the company. We all ordered different martinis and then tried each others. The best one was either the colada-tini or the Pop Bomb. ( I think that's what it was called). Anyway, after much drinking we decided to get food, ironically enough, at a brewery. Which we were still buzzing after that so we walked 5 blocks to starbucks and had mochas until ready to drive. I was told that alcohol never heals or takes anything away, but it dulls life for a small while. It wasn't dulling and I wasn't using it as a tool. I had fun and that was that. I didn't get home until 2am. I would like to go back.

But I'm now leaving you because it's 5am and I've yet to sleep.

2 Comments:

At January 11, 2005 at 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Alcohol never heals or takes anything away, but it dulls life for a small while." -Wow, that's extremely insightful, or at least worded much more directly than I could have.

 
At January 12, 2005 at 5:39 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Good thing I wasn't looking for healing or anything to be taken away. I promised a friend I'd go and so regardless and in spite of myself and how wreched I felt I went and actually had a good time. I wasn't drunk and I know without a shadow of a doubt I'd have had fun with or without drinking (b/c the people I went with were amazing a great), but our purpose of going out that night was to go to a martini bar and try new and different martinis. Wish you had left your name-I'm sure an interesting and good conversation would have come out of it. Why rush to conclusions and judgement about why I do what I do? All the same, hope you have a great day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home